ERROR: running table : Received noSuchName(2) error-status aterror-index 32.

Patrick Proy nagios-user at proy.org
Wed Jun 29 09:08:27 CEST 2005

Hi,

This is a known issue of process check.
The script does :
1) Get the snmp table with index and description
2) Match with the processes
3) Get the status of the selected processes

I've done it like this because it takes a lot of time (and ressources on the
remote host) to get the whole process table.

Problem : if a process on the remote host die at step 2, then the index
won't be valid and you will get an error at step 3....

I've added a "-g" option wich gets the entire table at step 1 : it can help,
but in case processes are dying/respawning very fast the problem will still
be here.

Patrick
nagios AT proy dot org