strange Warning and source modification

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Jun 28 17:56:09 CEST 2005

You haven't provided much information on your installation but at a guess, you have something that is writing bad data to nagios.cmd. Do you have something submitting passive service checks? Have you mistakenly configured some application to write to nagios.cmd when it shouldn't be? I would have expected something like 'os/etc/switch_conf_195.220.107.207' to ring a bell for you. Where does that come from?

> second i use nagios to get vlan information and  to see it in the nagios
> interface i have to recompile nagios with MAX_PLUGIN_OUTPUT larger
> when i launch nagios i have
>
> Warning: Size of service_message struct (4252 bytes) is > POSIX-guaranteed
> atomic write size (512 bytes).  Service checks results may get lost or
> mangled!
>
> and i set this MAX_PLUGIN_OUTPUT larger and larger but it seems that the
> output
> in the web interface don t increase

Hmm. Seems like that would correlate nicely with the problems that you're seeing above (specifically service checks being mangled). This last might be better for nagios-devel but I'll bet that the max size and the warning above are there for a reason. 4K is a _lot_ for plugin return data and I'll bet there are other variables that you'll need to adjust to support that, if it's possible at all.

--
Marc