question about notifications versus escalations

Jesse Caldwell Jesse.Caldwell at Colorado.EDU
Tue Jun 28 01:26:27 CEST 2005

Hello list,

Our Nagios setup does not notify us about host outages until they
have laster for 15 minutes. For critical systems, we want an email
and a page after 15 mins. For non-critical systems, we always want
an email, but we only want a page if it's during daylight hours
Monday-Friday.

This is all pretty painless with escalations. The only problem I
have is that if a non-critical system goes down on a weekend, I
would like a page as soon as we hit the daylight Monday-Friday
hours. According to the 2.0b3 docs on notifications:

 Note: If the time period filter is not passed, Nagios will reschedule
 the next notification for the host or service (if its in a non-OK
 state) for the next valid time present in the time period.

This does not appear to be true for escalations. Is there a way to
make an escalation schedule a notification for a contact's next
available time period?

Thanks,

Jesse