Notifications @ Cingular...[SOLVED[

Jonathan Nichols jnichols at pbp.net
Sat Jun 25 19:50:16 CEST 2005

> Having recently switched service to Cingular, I'm now getting bitten by
> the "Uh oh, Nagios notifications come in 2 parts" issue.
>
> Has anyone successfully pared down the messages to fit into 1 SMS
> message? If so, how'd you do it? I saw some talk about this before on
> the list but didn't recall seeing a resolution.

in misccommands.cfg:

# 'notify-by-epager' command definition
define command{
        command_name    notify-by-epager
        command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "Date: $DATETIME$" |
/bin/mail -s "$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$: $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is
$SERVICESTATE$" $CONTACTPAGER$
        }

.... works fine. It fits into 1 message now, and my next phone bill
won't be 5 billion dollars. :)