Nagios printer plugin for Savin printers

Paul L. Allen pla at softflare.com
Thu Jun 23 23:50:36 CEST 2005

Doug Veldhuisen writes:

> The machine does use the printer-mib and the hr-resources mib as well as a
> their own.

I knocked up a perl plugin that checks printers using the RFC 3805 MIB.
I've not been able to test it on many printers by causing various error
conditions to confirm that it gives sensible answers.  A couple of HP
printers I tried it on gave some spurious answers during the tests.  Since
HP is pretty clued up I suspect my plugin to be at fault rather than their
SNMP implementation, but since the printers were at a remote site and
somebody else was doing things like emptying paper trays I don't know for
sure if he was doing what I asked him to.  If you want to play with it
you can have it - you might even spot what mistake I made.

--
Paul Allen
Softflare Support