checkcommands.cfg trouble

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Thu Jun 23 22:30:56 CEST 2005

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Scott Behrens wrote:

> I am defining a check_snmp for two OID's (using a ',' to separate them as
> requested by the check_snmp comand) the first one is an exit code the second
> is a description.  It seems that the ',' used to separate the two OID's is
> being replaced by a ' ' in Nagios.   Basically what is happening is the ','
> is getting replaced witha  space.  I tried everytning from backslashes to
> double and single quotes.  This is causing the results in nagios to only
> display the exit code.  What needs to change to allow the ',' to stay?

The plugins argument parser uses a comma as a token to separate multiple
oids.  However the underlying command "snmpget" or "snmpgetnext" requires
the oids to be separated by a space not a comma. So if you run command
under verbose mode, you will see the command being generated with spaces.

The plugin will print out the text values of both the oids as they were
returned.

which version of the plugin are you using?

--
-sg