Details of Nagios Reporting

Mohr James james.mohr at elaxy.com
Wed Jun 22 20:05:10 CEST 2005

Hi All!

As the subject says, I am looking for details of how the nagios
reporting works (versions 1.2 and 2.0). In particular, I am looking for
confirmation that reporting cgi's will automatically go through the
archived log files to report. Looking through trends.c, I see that the
number of archived logs to used is based on the 'backtrack_archives'
variable and the default used is dependant on the frequency the logs are
rotated. It *seems* that regardless of what you set "Backtracked
archives" to, it will automatically pull out the correct number of
archived logs. Is this correct?

I probably could see this better, if the graphics were being displayed
correctly, but I am getting "Premature end of script headers:
trends.cgi" (as well as histogram.cgi ), but that is a different issue.

Another issue is the alert history. Is there any way to specify a
specific date? Is there any way of specifying a range of dates?

Also I would be interested in any documentation describing the details
of other aspects of the reporting.

Any help is greatly appreaciated

Regards,

Jim Mohr