E-Mail Notifications Help

Blair Bolduc bolducb at brandonrha.mb.ca
Wed Jun 22 17:49:30 CEST 2005

Looks to me like it should work, but that don't mean much.
Couple initial things to check - 1) whats your max_check_attempts set to? Is
the check reaching that number before you decide it isn't emailing you.
2) Is the service_notification_commands correct in your contacts.cfg
definitions? It should be notify-by-email or whatever it is you called your
command.
3) Is the notification_period correct for the contact and service
definitions? (use 24x7 until you get things working)
4) Shouldn't matter but,  su to nagios on the command line and try sending
the email. (assuming your running nagios under user/group nagios)