E-Mail Notifications Help

Edward Ford eford at nexusenergy.com
Wed Jun 22 16:30:36 CEST 2005

Even though I will probably get a lot of flack from some I would like to
attempt to get assistance with this issue that I am having.

I am having issues with the Nagios notifications being sent out.
1)       If I goto the command prompt and type out /bin/mail –s “subject”
myname at mydomain.com <mailto:myname at mydomain.com>
<.usr/loca/nagios/libexec/temp.txt I get the email no problem
2)       If I put the same command in misccommands.cfg within
notify-by-email I and then disable a monitored service on purpose to put in
the alert stage I get nothing.
3)       I also put the same command in the host-notify-by-email just in
case.
4)       In Services.cfg I have notifications_enabled = 1
notification_options=w,u,c,r and contact groups pointing at admins which is
defined in contactgroups.cfg then points to contacts.cfg.
5)       In hosts.cfg I have notifications enabled and also using the admins
group to contact.

Again when I send an email from the command line it works but when I attempt
to get a notification using the misccommands.cfg I get nothing..

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank You;