Makefile GD lib problem on Centos 4 (aka RHES 4)

Luke Johnson luke at rushmore.com
Fri Jun 17 17:30:04 CEST 2005

Think it's all worked out...

I meticulously went through Dhawal's list, and found one of the two
libpng devel libs missing from my RPM set (can't recall which one right
now).  I installed it via Yum, and the ./configure went through fine.
Apologies to all for assuming I had ALL the libs...

As a second note, Dhawal was right a second time...  The nagios
./configure was 'finding' libiconv and compiled fine, but when I ran the
cgis (by hand or through Apache) it griped:

[Fri Jun 17 07:11:52 2005] [error] [client 10.1.90.72]
/usr/local/nagios/sbin/statusmap.cgi: error while loading shared
libraries: libiconv.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory, referrer: http://nagios/side.html

So it wasn't finding the libiconv... I scratched my head for a bit, I
compiled/installed the newest libiconv project again, still got the same
error, then remembered the trick: ldconfig.  That seemed to tie things
together, and now my cgis are pretty again.

Thanks all, and fwiw Nagios on Centos is pretty easy, all the packages
except for libiconv and Nagios itself are available and seem to work out
of the box.

LJ