"not authorized for any hosts" when should be authorized

Brian bsmith at fusionbroadband.com
Thu Jun 16 00:52:50 CEST 2005

Hello all, having a weird issue with nagios.

All CGIs display the error "it appears you do not have permission to view
information for any of the services you requested"

Here's the funky part - it does this even when authentication is turned
completely off in cgi.cfg.  It also accepts the username and password when
authentication is turned on, and the apache logs seem to indicate authentication
worked and that the CGIs are getting accessed.  Also, I have a different box (a
testing box) that seems to run nagios fine, and no problems with authentication
or permissions going on at all.  The systems are both running Gentoo.  The
(functional) test-box is using apache2, the main (nonfunctional) server is
running apache.

I've gone through cgi.cfg and made sure the user permissions make sense, i.e.
the user being logged in with is listed under all the "authorized_for_..."
entries.  File permissions are good in the cgis folder and the cgis themselves.
 It appears that the cgi code is the bit that's deciding I don't have permission.

Rather than spam huge config files into my post I'll try to watch the thread and
supply them on demand when I'm back at work tomorrow.

Thanks guys, hope someone knows what's going on because I'm stumped!
-- Brian