Deleting Acknowledgement comments

Andrew Laden Andrew.Laden at tudor.com
Thu Jun 16 18:10:33 CEST 2005

Can Nagios be automatically set up to delete Comments associated with
Acknowledgements? IE. There is a problem. I ack the problem and include a
comment.

 The problem goes away. The Ack clears but the comment remains. I'd like the
comment to clear as well, Else I have to go in manually, look at all the
comments, see which ones are on services that are no longer problems, and
clear them manually one at at time.

As a side note, for some enhancement requests.
1: Ability to apply delete multiple comments from a single web page. (ie, a
checkbox for each comment, and an apply to all button.
2: A search field, so I can type in the name of a host, and have nagios list
the hosts, or if there is only one, list the service details for the one
host. Makes it much easier to find hosts.
3: Combine 1 and 2, so I can search for a set of hosts, and apply a
comment/downtime/etc to all of them. This way, I don't have to set up
hostgroups for every possible combinations of hosts that I would like to
work on.

I am running Nagios 1.1
Thanks