nrpe

Shankara Narayanan narayanan.s at cbayindia.com
Wed Jun 15 17:54:26 CEST 2005

 "john squid" wrote
> hello:
>
> I have nagios configured on my servers which is running great. i recently
> did a nrpe install on a new system. in my logs it states it could not
> connect to server due to not negotiating ssl. i have searched the
> documentation all over how on a HOWTO config nagios and fields to enable
for
> SSL. can someone please give me a hand or point to a good documentation on
> what i need to do.

Just check the nrpe ver installed at the nagios box end and cross check for
the nrpe version
at the server which ur monitoring, majorly this different causes ssl
handshake not possible.
if same then pls copy the /usr/local/src/nrpe..ver/init-script
/etc/init.d/nrpe
check for the file size at both nagios box and server which ur monitoring.
I guess this should solve, if not i am sorry.

Regards,
Shankar.