Error: Could not read host and service status information!

Arne Morten Johansen amj at avio.no
Wed Jun 15 15:54:28 CEST 2005

When trying to access pages from the web-interface, i get Error: Could
not read host and service status information!.

Nagios is turned on.

When I check my log i get this message over and over and over again:

[1118849007] Error: Could not insert retention data for host 'trd-web1'
in table 'hostretention'.

I use gentoo and i emerged it without mysql use-flag set.

I've gone over all the config files a couple of times, but I can't see
the error. The documentation don't give me any hints either.

Any suggestions to what is wrong?

Thanks.