Problem with scheduling of 5000 checks

Petrucci, Joseph Joseph.Petrucci at ddiworld.com
Tue Jun 14 21:29:54 CEST 2005

I do not have 5000 hosts, but I have over 5000 services being checked and have not run into this problem. Here is what is different in my scenerio I have 750 hosts with between 1 and 30 services being checked (6123 services) none of my active checks wait more than 5 minutes. All host checks are turned on. My passive checks update every 5 minutes. So is your problem related to the number of hosts? can you try 2500 hosts with 5000 services and see if you get the same problem? I will try this on my dev system and see what happens.

Also for a large environment have you looked into a Distributed Nagios environment?