cgi with apache 2.0

Aditya Ivaturi aivaturi2 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Jun 14 18:48:47 CEST 2005

> Sorry for dupe, but for the life of me I cannot figure out Lotus
Notes...

> > I had th same issue, but was not related to the apache version but
> > to a compilation error. Check the size of your cgi files and nagios
> > binaries in your install di (/usr/local/nagios/bin or share or
> > whatever) and the size of those files in your /source dir/base and
> > /source dir/cgi for the cgi files. I had different sizes and copied
> > the files manually to /usr/local/nagios/share for the cgi files.
>
> First of all, that is correct. The file sizes are indeed different.
> But I don't see why that is a compilation error? I mean the cgi were
> compiled fine in the first place.
> So I don't quite understand why the sizes are different when they
> are copied over. Are they somehow compressed during the install phase?
>

> > If it’s not that problem…… I hope anyone else can help you out here.
> >

> Apparently that didn't fix it either, but now I am getting a new
> error - "Permission denied". Any idea what the permissions
> should be and who should own it. I think it is owned by nagios and
> 755 permission should suffice?

Well guess what this has nothing to do with Nagios. If you are running the
latest versions of RH and/or you have SELinux enabled or installed. You
should look at this
http://www.siliconvalleyccie.com/linux-hn/apachebasic.htm. Look under the
"Security Contexts For Web Pages" section and you will find your answers
there.

--Turi