Nagios ignoring notification interval with passive checks

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Mon Jun 13 16:27:26 CEST 2005

"Volatile services are useful for monitoring...

     * things that automatically reset themselves to an "OK" state each
time they are checked
     * events such as security alerts which require attention every time
there is a problem (and not just the first time)
"

Volatile override all interval settings.  If you want the intervals to be
honored, then use just "passive" not "passive + volatile"

-sg