NRPE connection refused after RH OS upgrade

Richard DeWath dewath at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 14:52:07 CEST 2005

NRPE was working correctly on a host running RH 7.3
and openssl was 0.9.7a.  After they upgraded from RH
7.3 to 9.0, NRPE connections are now refused.  I went
through all the NRPE config and checks and everything
is there.  XINETD appears to be correct, but the NRPE
failure continues (I stopped and restarted xinted to
verify it starts correctly).  I suspect the openssl is
the problem.  If you have had this problem and know
what needs to be done, I need to have the person who
did the official upgrade fix the problem (it is a
production host)

Richard