Email Notification and Web interface access

Arno Lehmann al at its-lehmann.de
Mon Jun 13 12:29:47 CEST 2005

Hello,

please reply to the list, not only to me.

By the way, if you really followed some article concerning the setup of
nagios you might want to inform the original author that his directions
didn't work.

Kindy Sylla wrote:

> Thanks Arno for the respoonse.
> Regarding configuration, I didn't write the whole
> sentence. This is what i have:
> 1118650430] Warning: Attempting to execute the command
> "/usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios
> *****\n\nNotification Type: PROBLEM\n\nService:
> HTTP\nHost: Backup Monedia\nAddress:
> 100.0.17.5\nState: CRITICAL\n\nDate/Time: Mon Jun 13
> 08:13:50 GMT 2005\n\nAdditional Info:\n\nConnection
> refused" |  -s "** PROBLEM alert - Backup Monedia/HTTP

You notice that here the command to send an email is missing?
Between "|" and -s should be something like mail.

> is CRITICAL **" ksylla at boabenin.com" resulted in a
> return code of 127.  Make sure the script or binary
> you are trying to execute actually exists...
> My problem maybe related to the mail program. Do you
> know how to setup sendail or qmail to send email with
> nagios. I didn't find any thing related.

Easiest way is to follow the guidelines from your distribution or
software vendor. Setting up a mail server will require some learning,
though.
There's nothing special concerning nagios and mail sending.

> Ragarding the web interface, the apache is running but
> i a not able to access to nagios page.
> I have the following eror when trying to access to
> /localhost/nagios
>
> Not Found
> The requested URL /nagios/ was not found on this
> server

This means that the web server is not configured correctly. You should
have an Alias, a ScriptAlias directive, and then restarted the web server.

Arno

IT-Service Lehmann                    al at its-lehmann.de