SNMP Traps

guillaume LOHEZ guillaume.lohez at linagora.com
Mon Jun 13 10:11:26 CEST 2005

Hi,

For using SNMP traps in Nagios, you can use snmptrapd...
In snmptrapd, you use traphandle for a particular trap to execute a
script which send passive check result to Nagios, via external command file.
You can also use SNMPTT (www.snmptt.org), so the path is snmptrapd ->
snmptt -> Nagios via external commands

There is a good documentation on the web site of snmptt !!

Note: For using SNMPTT, you must have net-snmp 5.1.1 or higher.......

Regards
Guillaume

--
Guillaume LOHEZ