Any experience with notifications via jabber ?

Fred Jordan fjordan at hcs.net
Sat Jun 11 13:19:42 CEST 2005

We have a Jabber server the engineers and NOC log into and they
are notified via the motd. We use the script notify-by-jabber.pl that
I got from someone else who posted this in an email to this mailing-list
a couple of years ago or so.

Works great for us as it is simple and our users do not have to log into
a mu conference. I can send you a copy of the script we use if you want
but I didn't write it and I have posted a copy to this list before when
someone
else was asking about jabber/nagios.

There was/is a notify-via-jabber.pl script floating around (try google
for both)
that worked also.

I think RSS would be a great idea; especially for the
"views to non contacts" that you mention.