Multiple SNMP traps only sending one alert

Matt Hanley MHANLEY at cxtec.com
Fri Jun 10 19:59:08 CEST 2005

> The problem is your notification_interval. Set at 0, this means that
you'll never get another
> notification for the same status, even if a different event causes
that status. With is_volatile set,
> you'll get a notification for every different SNMP trap that you get
-- just set notification_interval to
> something small (like 1) if you expect to get multiple, identical
traps in a row.

Turns out that that is the problem, thanks.  I've set the
notification_interval to something incredibly large, however, because I
never want more that one notification for the same event.  Setting it to
something non-zero lets every event cause a notification in real time.

Thanks, again.

-matt

Matthew Hanley
mhanley at cxtec.com