SSL handshake

D Kavan bitsandbytes88 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 9 15:55:01 CEST 2005

Hi,

Please delete that last email, RE.

I thought things were working fine yesterday but...
When I restarted the xinetd, I get CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete
SSL handshake.

I have run through the FAQ database and everything looks ok.
http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=191
1. I have checked my version of check_nrpe and I'm using check_nrpe_20 on
the server.   is the same version as the check_nrpe on the host I'm
monitoring.   The server was built with nagios-2.0b2.

2. SSL is disabled.  As far as I know ssl is enabled on both.   How do I
double check that? The way I checked was ./check_nrpe --help | more  and I
see SSL/TLS available.

3. I checked the file permissions and I have them all set to allow nagios
and the group nagios.  I even chnaged the permissions of each to allow other
in an effor to get this handshaking.

4. I don't have /dev/psuedo

5.  I'm allowing the nrpe deamon's address.  The address of the server
performing the nrpe queries.
not the host running the queries are being run on.  Although I tried adding
that too and that didn't help.

Thanks for any advice.  It was working yesterday like I said.  I got cacti
graphs working and then the standard nagios alerts didn't.

~DjK