My nagios won't work any more, STRANGE

funraps too funraps at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 9 15:44:14 CEST 2005

Good Morning,

Can anyone assist me with this?
Been a few days since my Nagios has worked... driving me nuts...

Thanks

funraps too <funraps at yahoo.com> wrote:
Good Morning,

I had Nagios working fine then I installed Monarch and it was still working, then it just stopped!
There are no errors when I issue nagios -v but the service will not start, I even tried to reinstall it. There is no status file
 /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
Nagios 2.0b3
Copyright (c) 1999-2005 Ethan Galstad (www.nagios.org)
Last Modified: 04-03-2005
License: GPL
Reading configuration data...
Running pre-flight check on configuration data...
Checking services...
        Checked 59 services.
Checking hosts...
        Checked 32 hosts.
Checking host groups...
        Checked 5 host groups.
Checking service groups...
        Checked 0 service groups.
Checking contacts...
        Checked 7 contacts.
Checking contact groups...
        Checked 5 contact groups.
Checking service escalations...
        Checked 0 service escalations.
Checking service dependencies...
        Checked 0 service dependencies.
Checking host escalations...
        Checked 0 host escalations.
Checking host dependencies...
        Checked 23 host dependencies.
Checking commands...
        Checked 28 commands.
Checking time periods...
        Checked 3 time periods.
Checking extended host info definitions...
        Checked 32 extended host info definitions.
Checking extended service info definitions...
        Checked 0 extended service info definitions.
Checking for circular paths between hosts...
Checking for circular host and service dependencies...
Checking global event handlers...
Checking obsessive compulsive processor commands...
Checking misc settings...
Total Warnings: 0
Total Errors:   0
Things look okay - No serious problems were detected during the pre-flight check
[root at nagios-monitor nagios-2.0b3]# /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -d /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
/etc/init.d/nagios restart
Running configuration check...done
Stopping network monitor: nagios
kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] [pid | job]... or kill -l [sigspec]
Starting network monitor: nagios
[root at nagios-monitor nagios-2.0b3]# /etc/init.d/nagios stop
Stopping network monitor: nagios
kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] [pid | job]... or kill -l [sigspec]
[root at nagios-monitor nagios-2.0b3]# /etc/init.d/nagios start
Starting network monitor: nagios
[root at nagios-monitor nagios-2.0b3]# ps -ef | grep nagios

Discover Yahoo!