Problems with check_http appearing to time out

John Stevens jstevensog at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 13:46:25 CEST 2005

Hi James and all,
This is the same problem I am having on my CentOS (RHEL) 4 box with a
new install.  In my case the check_ping and check_http tests time out
(to any host), but if I run the checks from the command line as the
nagios user, they work fine.

Hopefully someone will be able to enlighten us both.

For the record, I am running nagios 1.2-2.2.el4.rf with nagios-plugins
1.3.1-10.1.fc3.rf.  The latest el4 plugins have an issue with selinux
and disk checks.
Regards