serviceextinfo

Fred Reinthaler kex604 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 22:20:42 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to add extended service information so I can have an icon
linking to a graph after installing nagiosgraph (also tried
nagiostat).  The problem is I can't get the icon to display besides
the service.

I have the following line in cgi.cfg:

xedtemplate_config_file=/etc/nagios/serviceextinfo.cfg

And my serviceextinfo.cfg file contains:

define serviceextinfo {
        host_name               ewams
        service_description     PING
        notes_url
/nagiosgraph/show.cgi?host=$HOSTNAME$&service=$SERVICEDESC$
        icon_image              graph.gif
        icon_image_alt          View graphs
        }

My icon is in /usr/share/nagios/htdocs/images/logos and I've got the
correct permissions set for it.  I've spent the past couple of days
trying to troubleshoot this but I cannot figure it out. I'm not
getting any errors in the logs either.

Any ideas on what the problem might be?  I'm using the Debian package
of Nagios version 1.3 with Mysql.

thanks,

fred