sms_client Problem - Modem Locked?

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Mon Jun 6 22:11:08 CEST 2005

>>Another program is using the modem.
>>
>>Waiting...
>>
>>There's a lock file in the modem lock directory, but it's empty:
>>
>>/var/lock/LCK..cuaa4
>>I'm using Freebsd ver 4.4 and sms_client 2.0.8y.

What's the time stamp on that lockfile?  If you've rebooted and it's
still having issues, it's likely that something locked the modem,
and then exitted uncleanly, leaving the lockfile behind.

If it's old, you might remove it (it'd be a good idea to reboot then
too, to make sure nothing re-locks it), and try again.

HTH,

Benny

--
"You come from a long line of scary women."     -- Ranger, "Three To
                                                   Get Deadly"