Pending status

Aditya Ivaturi aivaturi2 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Mon Jun 6 17:15:46 CEST 2005

> What does your scheduling queue show for Next Check?

localhost       Current Load    N/A     06-06-2005 09:47:44     ENABLED
Disable Active Checks Of This Service Re-schedule This Service Check
localhost       Root Partition  N/A     06-06-2005 09:48:44     ENABLED
Disable Active Checks Of This Service Re-schedule This Service Check
localhost       Current Users   N/A     06-06-2005 09:49:44     ENABLED
Disable Active Checks Of This Service Re-schedule This Service Check
localhost       Total Processes N/A     06-06-2005 09:50:44     ENABLED
Disable Active Checks Of This Service Re-schedule This Service Check
localhost       PING    N/A     06-06-2005 09:51:44     ENABLED Disable
Active Checks Of This Service Re-schedule This Service Check

> All these look good. To simplify things for troubleshooting, I'd disable
> these in your generic-service template --

> passive_checks_enabled
> obsess_over_service
> check_freshness
> event_handler_enabled
> failure_prediction_enabled
> process_perf_data
> retain_status_information
> retain_nonstatus_information

Done.

> I would also, if you have it enabled, disable retain_state_information
> in nagios.cfg, stop nagios, verify that all processes are dead, remove
> the state_retention_file and restart nagios.

Done.

> Finally, check nagios.log for any interesting output that might indicate
> a problem.

This is the log:

[1118069264] Nagios 2.0b3 starting... (PID=7137)
[1118069264] LOG VERSION: 2.0
[1118069264] Warning: Host 'emyn-muil' has no services associated with it!

No more errors or warnings. And the services check still in pending state.
Any more suggestions?

--Turi

--
Marc