Pending status

Aditya Ivaturi aivaturi2 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Jun 3 21:57:22 CEST 2005

When I checked the archives, I found a lot of threads regarding this
"pending" status and "Host has not been checked yet" messages that users
have been getting on a fresh install. But unfortunately none of the
suggestions (at least most of them) did not work for me. Hence I am
posting my question (again?) - How do I get the Nagios to actually check
the services? What am I missing?

Here is the config details: -v option

Checking services...
        Checked 5 services.
Checking hosts...
Warning: Host 'win_box' has no services associated with it!
        Checked 2 hosts.
Checking host groups...
        Checked 2 host groups.
Checking service groups...
        Checked 0 service groups.
Checking contacts...
        Checked 1 contacts.
Checking contact groups...
        Checked 1 contact groups.
Checking service escalations...
        Checked 0 service escalations.
Checking service dependencies...
        Checked 0 service dependencies.
Checking host escalations...
        Checked 0 host escalations.
Checking host dependencies...
        Checked 0 host dependencies.
Checking commands...
        Checked 23 commands.
Checking time periods...
        Checked 1 time periods.
Checking extended host info definitions...
        Checked 0 extended host info definitions.
Checking extended service info definitions...
        Checked 0 extended service info definitions.
Checking for circular paths between hosts...
Checking for circular host and service dependencies...
Checking global event handlers...
Checking obsessive compulsive processor commands...
Checking misc settings...

Total Warnings: 1
Total Errors:   0

-s option:

SERVICE SCHEDULING INFORMATION
-------------------------------
Total services:                     5
Total scheduled services:           5
Service inter-check delay method:   SMART
Average service check interval:     300.00 sec
Inter-check delay:                  60.00 sec
Interleave factor method:           SMART
Average services per host:          2.50
Service interleave factor:          3
Max service check spread:           30 min
First scheduled check:              Fri Jun  3 13:26:06 2005
Last scheduled check:               Fri Jun  3 13:30:06 2005

CHECK PROCESSING INFORMATION
Service check reaper interval:      10 sec
Max concurrent service checks:      Unlimited

PERFORMANCE SUGGESTIONS