Two nagios problems

Florent GIAVEDONI F.Giavedoni at sfig.fr
Fri Jun 3 14:56:39 CEST 2005

Hello all,

I have a very strange problem with my nagios binary. About a mounth ago, I
installed nagios on a test server and it seems to work fine but I realized
that I forgot the --with-perlcache option before the compilation, so I
configured and compiled it again but the new binary is not creating the
status.dat file when I run nagios in daemon mode. Not in daemon mode, the
file is created but the service check are not executed. I make a another
binary whithout the caching option and I get the same problem. I tried to
compile nagios on an other machine, the problem is still here.

The second problem is about service notfications which are not sent. Hosts
notifications works fine but nagios is not generating any notification for
services. I check my configuration twice and its ok. I can that some of
you have the same problem.

I'm running nagios 2.0b3 on a debian woddy system.

Can someone help me ?

Thanks.

Regards
Florent