Probably I am missing something obvious.....

John Stevens jstevensog at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 15:47:10 CEST 2005

Hi Larry and All,
I discovered my Obvious something.  My CentOS 4 has selinux enabled
and targeted.  I simply added the file
/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/users/nagios with the following
content, and all works now.  The content is:
system_r:unconfined_t   system_r:unconfined_t

Not being an expert on selinux, I am not precisely sure of what this
means, but it is the same as root.  Prior to this change, nagios user
could not ping to the eth0 of my box.  Now it can.  With that out of
the way, I can get on with monitoring the rest of the network ;-)
Regards