content on the web won't change even nagios process has been killed

Ran Li Ran.Li at sprint-canada.com
Thu Jul 28 21:15:51 CEST 2005

Hi Scott and all,

on the step 4, I killed the nagios process

(just a sample)

#ps -ef | grep nagios
nagios    3548 31209  0 Jul27 pts/2    00:00:00 ./nagios
../etc/nagios.cfg

#kill 3548

the web content I mentioned is under the Monitoring category -> Service
Detail, where I can see every service 's status on each host. I m using
Apache2. I even tried to restart the http service, but won't work
either, web shows every service 's status is OK, while nagios is not
running. Normal?

I think I m using active check not passive one, the parameter
check_freshness is set to 0 in the configuration file.

nagios server (nagios/web interface/plugins/check_nrpe)

    /       \
host1    host2 (nrpe/plugins)

Thanks and regards,

-tea