nagios.cmd problem ... but not the usual one ?

Mike Meredith mike.meredith at port.ac.uk
Thu Jul 28 14:25:05 CEST 2005

Hi

I'm getting :-

"Sorry, but you are not authorized to commit the specified command."

when trying to schedule some downtime with Nagios 1.2. But before anyone
says 'check the permissions', this isn't quite the usual problem ... I
think.

It appears to be browser dependent ...

Mozilla Firefox:	fails (with the error above)
Internet Exploder:	fail
Epiphany:		succeeds!

Oddly I can remove scheduled downtime with firefox.

Any solutions come to mind ?

I'm running Nagios on an AIX machine; the Apache instance is running as user
'aweb' (which is a member of the 'nagios' group) and Nagios is running as
user 'nagios'. The permissions look like :-

# ls -al
total 4.0K
drwsrwsr-x    2 aweb     nagios        256 2005-05-23 10:46 .
drwxrwxr-x    4 nagios   nagios       4.0K 2005-07-28 13:17 ..
prw-rw----    1 aweb     nagios          0 2005-07-28 13:15 nagios.cmd

And the permissions were set to user nagios, group nagios previous ... with
the same symptoms.

--
Mike Meredith, Senior Informatics Officer
University of Portsmouth: Hostmaster, Postmaster and Security