/var/nagios.tmpXXX files never delete (2.0b3)

Bob Johnson bobjohnson at nexus9000.com
Thu Jul 28 08:03:35 CEST 2005

Has anyone ever seen an issue where the nagios.tmp files never delete and
quickly accumulate?  In less than 2 days, I filled up the var directory
with about 50GB of "temporary" files, and I'm curious what may be causing
this problem.

The current configuration consists of one master and one distributed node
with relatively close nagios.cfg files.  (The only major differences are
obsessive compulsive and freshness checks.)  The distributed node is the
one accumulating all of the nagios.tmp files, and the master node appears
to be fine.  As probably expected, the distributed node is running all of
the checks and has about 1600 configured.

What would possibly cause all of these nagios.tmp files to accumulate?  I
could write a script to delete them all every few hours, but that's
definitely not a long-term fix as it will not fix the root cause.

Thanks everyone.

-Bob