Questions Check_period and passive check

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Jul 28 03:07:14 CEST 2005

Ah, I understand now. Nagios doesn't include that kind of logic but
there's no reason you couldn't include it in the check command, either
on the host doing the monitoring or on your nagios host accepting the
passive checks. Make it a simple script that checks the day (or
whatever) against your time-period logic. If it's within the period you
would normally check, run the check command and return the results to
nagios. If outside, return your custom text and the appropriate exit
code (http://nagiosplug.sf.net : Developer Guidelines).

Just a thought.

--
Marc