FW: secondary nagios verification

Chris Wilson chris at aidworld.org
Wed Jul 27 15:35:20 CEST 2005

Hi Miles,

> Is there anyway for nagios to verify the status of a host from another
> nagios system?

Not exactly. Passive service checks might do it, but there is an
infinite loop issue between the two hosts if they are both set to submit
results to each other.

> If I have two nagios systems nag_A and nag_B  and they are monitoring the
> host host_A and it's services.  If nag_A detects that host_A is down is
> there anyway for it to ask nag_B if this is verifiable, and vice versa.

You could submit a request for an immediate service check via HTTP, by
scripting the web interface on nag_B and calling that from nag_A (and
vice versa).

> If nag_A can't communicate with nag_B I would like it to still send out
> notification if and only if it can communicate with 1 or more specified
> hosts.

Parents (or host dependencies).

Cheers, Chris.
--