(service|host)_notification_commands

Ken Dyke kdyke at keycomputerconsultants.com
Wed Jul 27 15:33:17 CEST 2005

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 05:46:07PM -0500, Marc Powell (marc at ena.com) wrote:
> It's not documented that they would be that I've ever seen.

The expected behavior would be that they are executed in order listed.
Documenting that would be like documenting that the sky is blue on a
fair weather day.

> If they're
> stored in a hash internally then they could be returned/run in any
> order. I don't know enough to tell if that's how Nagios is storing them
> but my guess would be that it is.

Storing all values in a hash would be something I would expect to be
documented.  Yet I do not recall a single mention of this.

But, even if they are stored in a hash does not mean that order listed
must be throw away.  After all it is *_notification_commands (plural).
Thus inviting one to list more then one command.

Dropping the above for now as I need a solution today.  When defining a
command, what is the syntax for executing two commands on the
"command_line"?
--
I reason and act, therefore, ken_i_m
Chief Gadgeteer, Elegant Innovations