Macro Identifier and String Mixing

Ralph.Grothe-YpEHkxAi6oMehzHBf2RrnA at public.gmane.org Ralph.Grothe-YpEHkxAi6oMehzHBf2RrnA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 27 12:33:48 CEST 2005

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to mix (i.e. prefix, or
suffix, or backticks substitute)
a macro identifier (as listed in
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/macros.html)
within the checkcommands.cfg file context (i.e. does it get
expanded)?

E.g.

I would like to do something like

define command {
    command_name  check_vcs_$HOSTNAME$
    command_line  $USER1$/check_nrpe
}

I want it that convoluted because I compiled nrpe daemons on
managed nodes not to accept arguments.
Thus I think I would have to wrap the distinction in the command
name.

Regards
Ralph