Can check_snmp decode a date/time string?

Ben Conrad BConrad at passkey.com
Tue Jul 26 16:21:57 CEST 2005

Hi All,

I'm pulling info from an APC ups and my return string (via snmpget) looks
like:

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.318.1.1.1.2.2.3.0 = 0:0:34:00.00
>>> 34 minutes

When I run check_snmp against this oid I get:
SNMP OK - *198000*

Does anybody know what check_snmp is doing to convert 0:0:34:00.00 to
198000?

I saw this in the --help but I'm not sure how to apply it:

"- All evaluation methods other than PR, STR, and SUBSTR expect that the
value
  returned from the SNMP query is an unsigned integer."

Is it more appropriate to write a wrapper that knows how to convert
0:0:34:00.00 to my preferred time unit?

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Conrad