Multiple Nagios proccesses running.

Chris Wilson chris at aidworld.org
Tue Jul 26 12:24:16 CEST 2005

Hi Larry,

> Even when I ensure that all nagios processes are killed and then start
> nagios again, I still get muliple processes. I have tried using the init
> script to start (service nagios start #not restart) and running the
> executable by hand (/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -d
> /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg) but both continue to give me multiple
> processes. What am I doing wrong? See below:

Please be aware that Nagios does start sub-processes to run service
checks, as part of its normal operation. You only get problems when two
master processes are running.

Perhaps we should also setproctitle(...) to identify the master process,
so that people can tell if they have more than one running?

Cheers, Chris.
--
(aidworld) chris wilson | chief engineer (chris at aidworld.org)