New check_snmp in CVS

Andrew Cruse andrew at profitability.net
Mon Jul 25 22:32:13 CEST 2005

nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:

> What version of net-snmp are you using?  I had it working with 5.1.2.

That may be part of the problem -- I have two installations:

[root at monitor2 nagios-plugins-1.4]# /usr/local/bin/snmpwalk -V
NET-SNMP version: 5.2.1
[root at monitor2 nagios-plugins-1.4]# /usr/bin/snmpwalk -V
UCD-snmp version: 4.2.5

One current, and one pretty ancient...

If this helps, here's what I've been doing to try to compile it:

Downloaded check_snmp.c from CVS and stuck in the /plugins/ directory of
my plugins source, overwriting the old check_snmp.c
./configure
make

Which is where the error crops up.  Since I've got two versions of
NET-SNMP installed, is there anything I need to pass to configure on the
commandline to point it at the right installation to use?  Or can I
just:

gcc -c check_snmp.c

Thanks,

Andrew