Masking Line Breaks in Nagios Config Files

Rob Moss robmossrm at aol.com
Mon Jul 25 11:29:42 CEST 2005

Hi,
    The way nagios reads the config file does not recognise the \<CR>
continued line feature, which is why it's showing an error.  It's seeing
your command, a carriage return signifying the end of the command, then
a new command which starts with -c which is unrecognised and it displays
a warning.

Yes you need to restart Nagios whenever you make a change to the config
files. Either SIGHUP, or through the web console.

Cheers

--
Rob Moss
Snr. Unix Administrator