Startup fails - Nagios -2.0b3

Scott Sugar ssugar at proserveit.com
Sun Jul 24 23:40:07 CEST 2005

I have found that 90% of the problems i run into when trying to configure something new in nagios, or when I first began distributed monitoring, most of the problems i had were because of permissions...

A quick way to try and test permissions on a new command or new feature you are implementing is to actually switch the the nagios user 'su nagios' on the command line, and then run the script that is giving you errors...