Antwort: hosts.conf [Virus checked]

Matthias.Eble at kaufland.de Matthias.Eble at kaufland.de
Fri Jul 22 14:25:33 CEST 2005

nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 22.07.2005 13:54:26:

> hi guys,
> need your help.
> i test my nagios and his looking for my hosts.conf.do i need to
> create a file in nagios folder for hosts.conf or i will configure
> only the hosts.conf of linux?

hi eduard,

the hosts.conf is used for placing all the
define host{
}
entries. So you define the hosts nagios has to check there. See
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/xodtemplate.html#host .

However. The config is splitted for structuring purposes only. So the
cfg_file entries in
nagios.cfg are only included, which means, that host entries can defined
in every of these files.

What does "osts.conf of linux mean"? the /etc/hosts? /etc/hosts has
nothing to do with nagios.

hope i could help a bit.
matthias