Nagiostat setup - please help

Chris Goosen cgoosen at jhb.artec.co.za
Thu Jul 21 14:42:23 CEST 2005

Good day group!!

I am new to the group and was wondering if someone could assist me.

I have nagios running on a few servers and I have a dev server, I am
trying to setup nagiostat.

I have followed all the instructions in the readme and I am having the
following error when I try to reference the graph for my laptop
"nagiostat.cgi?graph_name=laptop-ping":

!!ERROR: RRDTOOLPATH does not point to executable rrdtool-binary.

Here is some info on the setup of my server:

[root at linestats nagiostat]# whereis rrdtool

rrdtool: /usr/bin/rrdtool /usr/share/man/man1/rrdtool.1.gz

[root at linestats nagiostat]#

My nagiostat.conf file:

--snip-

# Pointer to where the rrd-tool binary is located

RRDToolPath             /usr/bin/rrdtool

Am I missing something somewhere? According to me I have set everthing
up correctly..

Any advice?

Thanks

Chris