(no subject)

Fernando Gomes Lima flima at rio-de-janeiro.oilfield.slb.com
Wed Jul 20 13:35:18 CEST 2005

    Gents,

I'm pretty new at this list and I'm hopeful that someone will help me out
with this problem. I'm trying to configure Nagios to monitor one specific
interface at Cisco router. Through snmpwalk I got the number of interface
(5).

I create at checkcommands.cfg the following lines:

define command{
        command_name    check_snmp_cisco_if_up
        command_line    $USER1$/check_snmp -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -o $ARG1 -C
$ARG2$
        }

At services.cfg I've inserted the following lines:

define service{

        host_name                       teste
        service_description             check_snmp_cisco_if_up
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              2
        normal_check_interval           1
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  nagios-admins,support
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
        check_command
check_snmp_cisco_if_up!interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOperStatus.5!public
        }

When I tested this command from libexec folder (./check_snmp -H
192.168.96.1 -o interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOperStatus.5 -C public), I got
a "SNMP OK - up(1)". But at Nagios Service page I'm receiving a "SNMP
problem - No data recieved from host"

Any help, tip, etc., are welcome.
Best Regards,
Fernando Lima