send_nsca

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Jul 19 21:50:45 CEST 2005

Read the documentation on Distributed Monitoring at
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/distributed.html and pay specific
attention to how it's done in the example submit_check_result script.
send_nsca is expecting the data to come in via STDIN, not command line.
While that document is written around using distributed instances of
nagios, the bulk of it still applies to the way you're trying to submit
checks. I still think you're making this more difficult than it needs to
be. If you can connect to the remote host you're monitoring from your
nagios host directly then you should be looking at NRPE or check-by-ssh,
not NSCA.

--
Marc