Servicegroups bug?

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Jul 18 23:58:56 CEST 2005

Forums wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm sorry about posting this Question a 2nd time.  But I want to find out if
> it's a bug, and if so, is it reproducable by someone else?
> I'm running nagios-2.0b_p2.

Due to nagios' currently being in beta-testing, bugs (and possible bugs)
for non-cvs code isn't really all that interesting without some
test-data to make sure it doesn't choke on it again.

> ------
>
> I have defined 2 servicegroups:
>
> pop3 services
> imap4 services
>
> They both have 10 member services.
>

> I have 2 different kind of logins.
>
> User1 can see the 2 servicegroups with all the 20 members because user1 is in
> the correct contactgroups of every individual host where each of the services
> are running.
>
> User2 has a problem.
> User2 is a member of the contactgroups for the 10 pop3 hosts.
> User2 is a member of the contactgroups for only 5 imap4 hosts.
>
> On the host overview user2 sees all the 15 hosts correctly, they way it should be.
>
> But when he looks at the "servicegroup overview" he only sees the the pop3
> servicegroup and NOT the imap4 servicegroup.....
>
>  >From the moment there is a service (which is member of a servicegroup) and you
> aren't a member of the contactgroup for the host which runs this service, you
> are automatically denied access to the entire servicegroup, although it might
> contain several services which you entitled to to see.
>
> In the above example, as user2 , when I choose 'Service group overview' I should
> see 2 servicegroups
>
> pop3 services      with 10 services
> imap4 services    with 5 services
>

> What am I missing?  Am I overlooking something trivial ?

Re-read the excerpt from the docs again. It's slightly faulty, but the
logic remains the same. It should read "From the moment there is a
service (which is a member of a servicegroup) and you aren't a member of
the contactgroup for this service" ...

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer