Plug-in for https

Mohan, Ajit (CFSA) Ajit.Mohan at dc.gov
Mon Jul 18 17:57:43 CEST 2005

Here is the output

linux:/usr/local/nagios/libexec # ./check_http -h
check_http (nagios-plugins 1.4) 1.81

Usage: check_http -H <vhost> | -I <IP-address> [-u <uri>] [-p <port>]
                  [-a auth] [-f <ok | warn | critcal | follow>] [-e <expect>]
                  [-s string] [-l] [-r <regex> | -R <case-insensitive regex>]
                  [-P string] [-m <min_pg_size>:<max_pg_size>] [-4|-6] [-N]
                  [-M <age>] [-A string] [-k string]
NOTE: One or both of -H and -I must be specified

 -h, --help
    Print detailed help screen
 -V, --version
    Print version information
 -H, --hostname=ADDRESS
    Host name argument for servers using host headers (virtual host)
    Append a port to include it in the header (eg: example.com:5000)
 -I, --IP-address=ADDRESS
   IP address or name (use numeric address if possible to bypass DNS lookup).
 -p, --port=INTEGER
   Port number (default: 80)
 -4, --use-ipv4
    Use IPv4 connection
 -6, --use-ipv6
    Use IPv6 connection
 -e, --expect=STRING
   String to expect in first (status) line of server response (default: HTTP/1.)
   If specified skips all other status line logic (ex: 3xx, 4xx, 5xx processing)
 -s, --string=STRING
   String to expect in the content
 -u, --url=PATH
   URL to GET or POST (default: /)
 -P, --post=STRING
   URL encoded http POST data
 -N, --no-body
   Don't wait for document body: stop reading after headers.
   (Note that this still does an HTTP GET or POST, not a HEAD.)
 -M, --max-age=SECONDS
   Warn if document is more than SECONDS old. the number can also be of
   the form "10m" for minutes, "10h" for hours, or "10d" for days.
 -T, --content-type=STRING
   specify Content-Type header media type when POSTing
 -l, --linespan
    Allow regex to span newlines (must precede -r or -R)
 -r, --regex, --ereg=STRING
    Search page for regex STRING
 -R, --eregi=STRING
    Search page for case-insensitive regex STRING
 -a, --authorization=AUTH_PAIR
   Username:password on sites with basic authentication
 -A, --useragent=STRING
   String to be sent in http header as "User Agent"
 -k, --header=STRING
   Any other tags to be sent in http header, separated by semicolon
 -L, --link=URL
   Wrap output in HTML link (obsoleted by urlize)
 -f, --onredirect=<ok|warning|critical|follow>
   How to handle redirected pages
 -m, --pagesize=INTEGER<:INTEGER>
   Minimum page size required (bytes) : Maximum page size required (bytes)
 -w, --warning=DOUBLE
    Response time to result in warning status (seconds)
 -c, --critical=DOUBLE
    Response time to result in critical status (seconds)
 -t, --timeout=INTEGER
    Seconds before connection times out (default: 10)
 -v, --verbose