Downtime for ALL hosts and services on system?

Nathan Oyler noyler at khimetrics.com
Fri Jul 15 22:45:54 CEST 2005

Because it's sloppy, and if you schedule downtime you can actually watch
what's happening through nagios as things go up and down, and verify
everything is up during the window.

I have nfs mount scripts that it's always nice to verify are actually up
before having messages start flying off again. Especially when people
outside of IT get messages.

I wrote a perl script to schedule downtime. I used a bash script on
nagiosexchange.org to base the idea on, and it's been extremely helpful
for every downtime since.